Monday, March 14, 2016

This story begins on January 20,2014 when I read a scripture 1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and His strength and His face (presence) continually.  The word strength caught my eye and so for the next 2 mornings in my Bible study I began to meditate on that word and what it meant to me.  I began to meditate and ask God for His power.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 I went to check on my son's dog, Dally, and the puppies she had given birth to.  Cole had checked on them earlier that morning.  Although he had taken every precaution he knew to take 4 of the 6 puppies had died due to the extreme cold.  My purpose was to go and bring Dally and the 2 remaining puppies inside.

To my dismay one of the puppies was dead.  His body was stiff, his legs were straight out, and Dally had pushed him ot the side.  I left him and proceeded with getting Dally and the living puppy into the house.

I then took hot water out to the chickens so they would have something to drink, gathered the eggs, fed the horses, and checked on our other dog.  I was going to let Cole bury the dead puppy.  But then I changed my mind and decided to do it myself.

The puppy was so far back I had to take a shovel to reach the puppy.  I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because I thought I saw movement.  A thought came to me, perhaps if I rub him I can get some warmth in his body and his blood circulating.  As I as doing this it was as if the Spirit of the Lord came over me and without even really thinking about it I turned the puppy's face to my face and began blowing upon his face.  As I did I heard myself saying these words, "I breath the life of God over you! come alive!  Father, I ask you for a sign and a wonder for me and for Cole."  I truly believe I was being directed and led by the Holy Spirit.

Again I continued blowing air in his face and saying, "come alive!  I breathe the life of God on you!"
Remember I had been meditating on God's Word, and on His power.  Jesus tells us in John 14 that we are His dwelling places.  The same resurrection power of the Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives, and moves, and breathes inside of us.

Well the puppy didn't show any signs of life but he wasn't as stiff as he had been.  So I decided to put  him in my pocket while I got something to put feed and water in for Dally.  I brought the lifeless puppy in the house and put him beside Dally.  I rubbed him a little and left, not seeing anything happening that would indicate my speaking and praying had done any good.

Later I went back.  Still no change.  I called Cole and did not get an answer.  Several minutes went by and Cole returned my call.  As I was talking to him, I went into the laundry room.  I heard something!  Was it a whimper?  Yes it was!  I picked up the puppy and he was whimpering.  I began to praise God.

As I was praising God a song rose up in me I had heard, "something's moving, something's changing, see His Glory, Heaven on earth!"

I knew God had preformed a miracle for me and Cole.  The Holy Spirit began to speak to me and show me some things that morning.  I knew it was time to believe again for those things that we had prayed before yet it did not see we were getting any results.  He showed me that as we declare and speak His Word, that even though we may not be seeing anything in the natural He is working.

Now fast forward to May 23, 2014.  My first grandchild had been born.  While mom and dad were bonding the grandparents and great grandparents went out to eat breakfast and celebrate.  A miracle - I had my phone on the table which I never do.  I received a text from Corey.  PRAY.  That was all it said.

Not knowing what was going on, we left the restaurant and went back to the hospital.  Asking the nurse what was going on I heard her say these words, "your grandson has coded."

Not caring who heard me I burst into a room that was empty (thankfully it was across from the nurses desk) and hit my knees praying in my prayer language.  When I stood up it was as though the "light had come on" - "the puppy".  I knew at that moment God had given me the miracle of the puppy so I would know how to pray in that instance.  Not only that I would know how to pray, but that I knew that I knew no matter what reports we were given that my grandson would live and not die and that he would be healthy just as the puppy had been healthy.

The Holy  Spirit brought to my remembrance how He had instructed me to pray for the puppy.   I heard Corey's mom, taking authority over death as we prayed and agreed together.   Not long after that the nurse came in the room and we heard the most precious words "The doctor got a heart beat!"

As my daughter said recently that was the good news but there were more things to believe God for through the next few days.  But every bad report we got, Jesus turned it around.

We thank God for everyone who prayed with us during this time.  It was the prayers of many that we saw the Word of God actively working in Aiden.  Even when we couldn't see it with our eyes in the natural, I knew the life of God was working in Aiden.

I thank God He prepared me ahead of time.

Soon Aiden will be 2 years old.  Healthy in every way.  The puppy is already 2.  I recently saw a picture of Max aka Ned.  (Max my name for the puppy.  Ned the name the owners gave to him).  He is a beautiful dog.

I pray this story brings you hope.  For if you have made Jesus the Lord over your life and recognized Him as your Savour, then you have been born to a LIVING HOPE! (I Peter 1:3)

"He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "Sovereign LORD, you alone know."Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!"  Ezekiel 37:3-4  (NLT)

May the resurrection power of Holy Spirit breathe new life into you today!

3 comments:

  1. What a glorious miracle we saw that day! And what a blessing has unfolded in our families over the past two years, as our grandson has surpassed and overcome every bad report and negative expectation we heard spoken in those first two weeks. God is awesome and glorious, all-powerful! Thank you, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy...what an INCREDIBLE God we have!!! What amazing and powerful testimonies these are!!!! Am in awe of what God did for yall!!! Thank you for sharing....NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!!! 💞💖💗

    ReplyDelete